Built between 1825 and 1827 Clarence House, the official London residence of The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and previously the offices of Prince Harry of Wales and Prince William of Wales stands next to St James’s Palace and was built by Prince William Henry, Duke of Clarence (later prince William IV).
The house was once the home of Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother from 1953 until 2002. The (then) Princess Elizabeth (later Queen Elizabeth II) and The Duke of Edinburgh following their marriage.
The house now stands not only as home to the Duke and Duchess of Cornwall but also to their household which supports the couple in day to day engagements with their 350+ charitable organisations.
Today, Clarence House is open to visitors during the summer months. The public is able to visit five rooms on the ground floor.
VIDEO: The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall host the Dalai Lama in the gardens of Clarence House